Meet Bear, when I did Orion some of my friend's neighbors sent him pictures of their dogs for me to try.  Bear caught my attention because of his unique eye color (which is probably really a result of flash flare, but I think he really does have those yellow-brown eyes) and because I thought he was chuckling.  I really love this posting thing because when I look at it on screen it makes me more objective and I see things that I want to correct - kind of like that mirror check thing only better because you are looking at it like you do when you are working on it, not in reverse image.
I wanted to do Bear with only color in his eyes, and right now am not sure if that is going to look kind of weird or not.  Next dog I'd like to do in a graphite grisaille, fix it, and then put colored pencil over it - thinking it will come out with a soft pastel-like look.
First priority for this weekend is to finish my kiwi as the challenge date for closing is about to come up. 
Second priority is to continue learning my colored pencils and techniques.  So will start to build my color charts to see what I have and then start a blends chart for future reference of color combinations.  Kind of have an idea of how I'd like to do this and then organize it so I can actually use it.
Well you can see I have plenty of things to do with Bear and hope that you come and visit often as he comes to life.  Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

renate said…
Hello:) I said it before but you are really talented on painting/drawing dogs. It's really amazing and every time you surprise me with it. I know for sure this one will be a beauty again!
I think it will be very nice to only color the eyes. They are so beautiful! I'm looking forward to the next preview:)
Alexander said…
... another dog :) great and I envy you for having found a motif line. that is a very good thing in my opinion. still struggling to meet one for myself

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo