Weather was way too cold so have been indoors during this trip and thought I'd start something - took me a while to get my juices together again after completing the leopard and getting Mom situated and doing well again.
Well this is being done from a beautiful and quite dramatic eagle picture from Gary Jones of PMP, he does the most exquisite shots of animals and a large selection of birds. This however caught my attention and has been talking to me now for weeks, so have to try to get it down.  Think the feather work with be kind of smoke and mirrors.
Did the background in a different manner, alcohol indigo blue marker as first two layers, with black color pencil on top, then that is melted with turp and then more black, and probably will have another go at it as well to get the deep background I want.  Now it really has the deep blue look and with another layer of black think that will look less stark and flat than just black.  Saw some folks did this on PMP and they did so well, hope I am up to their level and get something worthwhile.  Always have that doubt that you can't pull off another one.
Am going to have to give Renate's challenge a try too, on the Yupo, haven't figured out yet what it will be but will definitely try it when I get back.  Will be most fun to see what everyone comes up with.

Comments

Het oog ziet er al prachtig uit dat is het belangrijkste in mijn ogen ik begin daar ook altijd mee lieve groetjes Danielle fijne Pasen

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo