Heeding the Call

                                                                Heeding the Call
                                                                      16"x20"
                                                                          Oil
Well seems like I have been away from making art for the last couple of weeks for a variety of reasons. One, a successful garage sale - got rid of stuff we didn't use and what didn't sell went to Goodwill yesterday.  But now hubby is in the mood and finding a bunch more stuff so looks like there will be another in our near future. It is garden time too though and so there is always a lot of outside work that has to be done.  As well as I am going to try to hit the gym and diet, oops, I mean life change, over the next few months.
But made the time this morning to get into a picture and try to get it finished.  This is by far the largest oil I have done.  I think I succeeded in getting the fluffy fur and loose strokes that I was searching for. I do however wish I could figure out how to get just a bit more detail - maybe will come with just more painting in this style.   Still I haven't graduated to big brushes, so got to try to keep moving up in size to see what happens, especially in this picture size.  Might tinker around with it, but found myself dabbling so said STOP. 
I almost did it again.  I thought I was finished, got all my brushes and palette cleaned up and looked down and saw that one more time I didn't put in the fourth leg/foot on the front wolf.   So had to dig out the brush and paints and put that in so he wasn't going to topple over.  Funny, on the last pic no one noticed it so guess he could have stood on just three legs - yep, pun intended!!
Thanks much for stopping by and hope you are having a great week.

Comments

Nancy Goldman said…
That's so funny that you forgot a leg. And you're right, I didn't notice it was missing in the earlier version.
This turned out really well Nelvia. You've really taken to oils.
Your wolves look great.
Jane said…
Hi Nelvia, I am trying to do the same life change as you , but time is really missing lately . Somehow I do get time for painting though...maybe if the gym were at home , I would get time for the life change too....LOL . Your wolves are amazing, such a great work on the fur, and yes, funny nobody ( me included ) noticed the leg was missing :-))
hmuxo said…
I can't believe I didn't notice the missing leg!! But now that it's there he looks balanced..lol. These wolves are painted beautifully Nelvia. Wonderful work with the fur!!
Heel erg mooi gedaan Nelvia en ja als het schilderij nog niet klaar is kan er nog van alles veranderen toch het is super
I think you did a very good job on these two - I love the fluffiness of the tail. It is hard at this time of year to get into the studio but sometimes a day away from a painting works in your favour.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo