Day 29 Terrie

                                                                       Terrie
                                                                       9"x12"
                                                                    Watercolor
Well Sweetie, this is for you.  Hope it makes you smile and please, get well soon.  Also, guess who else has a hummingbird tatoo???
This little cutie is, gosh I don't know what breed they are, but he is one of two that my friend has and they have a really round blunt snout.  I was originally going to really get wild and crazy with the colors on this, but backed off at the end and did her more true to life.  That is why I did it in wsatercolor as I wanted to drop in and let the colors bleed.  Maybe next time she will have more unusual colors.  And yes, she really does have this little heart shaped nose in the picture.  Not real sure that the hummer reads as a tatoo or if it is more like she is watching the hummer. 
Thanks much for stopping by and have a great day.


Comments

hmuxo said…
A beautiful dog portrait Nelvia! I like the added "hummer" !.....
this dog is great but I had trouble seeing the hummer at first. I imagine it is pretty hard to tattoo on hair - lol so I think it looks like the dog is watching the bird.
Nelvia said…
Yes this is something I think I want to explore, not what you would expect on an animal. Dogs are hot, and so are tattoos, so why now? I was pleased on how this turned out even though I do little with watercolor.
Nelvia said…
I think you are right as to how it really reads, will have to work a bit on that. Be kind of fun to do tattoos, don't want any for real however!!!
Nelvia said…
Thanks much Sue, I need to find out what breed this is, some sort of terrier I think. But she has such a great expression.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo