Poppies

I feel like a bit of color and like the graphic nature of this piece.  Although I think it is softened by the flowers.  Thanks to Rosemary Clark on PMP for the poppies to kind of use as a reference.  I find now that I really don't see the final product until the end, just like you, until that point I am only trying to paint shapes.  Mostly it surprises me to see that yep, it does kind of fit together better than it looks like while it is in process.
I think this might be the first of two pictures that were meant to hang together, but could still stand just as a single picture.  I am working my way up to doing a triptych.  This is the first pass of the design and practice on painting the flowers, while I am trying to decide if I will like it enough to buy two gallery wrapped canvases to do the final paintings on.  I still haven't found really reasonable prices on frames, but have a new option I need to check out.  I think even on paper it would look good framed in a black frame, maybe floated without a mat.  This piece is an 11"x14"acrylic on Bristol board.  It was a heavy gauge but still wanted to get a little bendy on me.
Thanks for stopping by and hoping you are having a super week.

Comments

I love poppies and this one is beautiful.
This is fabulous! the simplicity of the design with the complex flower works wonderfully and the execution is brilliant.
hmuxo said…
Excellent painting, Nelvia! Beautiful vibrant color!
Nelvia said…
Hi C, one time I would love to see the big poppy fields in bloom, bet it is awesome. Just love all their colors. I am looking forward to getting the other done so I can get framed and see how it looks on the wall.
Nelvia said…
Wow, thanks much Val. I like the starkness of the black and white, perfect setting for the pop of red. Key will be to paint the other poppy in a similar manner so they look United I think. Appreciate the I out.
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, glad you are think this works. Hope. Can get the other to tie together but still leaving them as standalone paintings. Really love glazing now that I found it.
Jane said…
Beautiful, beautiful poppies love how you didn't hold back with the color, so striking !

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo