ACEOs

When I send someone a picture I usually like to send a little something extra.  And that has been a signed ACEO.  I really have enjoyed making these little cards and I do hope that the folks who have received them have enjoyed them as well.

There are many reasons to like ACEOs:
1)  Because of their small size, 2.5"x3.5" - trading card size, it doesn't take long to get one completed
2)  It gives you an opportunity to try different papers (the the white is watercolor paper and the beige is card stock I bought for a hot scheme that didn't work out, now I should be able to use it)
3)  You can try different techniques and media and quickly gauge a result
4)  Working in a smaller size helps improve detail work and drawing skills
5)  They are a great way to warm up before you start painting for the day

For this batch I want to do mostly graphite as I have been neglecting my drawing practice in favor of directly painting.  It should also help me work through a book I have been reading on sketching by Richard E. Scott - Sketching from Square One to Trafalgar Square.  So I hope I will end up with a double advantage.

Thanks much for stopping by and have a super week.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Wonderful work on these cards Nelvia! I've been catching up with your work...you have been SO busy! I love your recent portrait....I hope you paint more of them!
I'm slowly visiting my blogger friends and I can't believe the talent out there!!!! I look forward to seeing your next painting!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo