Waiting For the Dark

                                                              Waiting for the Dark
                                                                       Pastel
                                                                       9"x12"
Well been in the studying mode so am working slowly on some other pictures while I try to figure "it" out, whatever that means.  So wanted to do something worthwhile so decided to try this beautiful cheetah from Gary Jones, a wonderful wildlife photographer at PMP.  Of course I had to pull out my trusty pastels.  I really like how he is sitting here at sunset as his body slowly turns from color into the darkness.  I am not sure if these guys are as active at night as they are during the day, will have to check that out.    At the Washington DC zoo they have the cheetahs right next to the zebras, would have thought one of them would have gone crazy by this time, but somehow they seem to coexist.  However they have worn a path pacing by the zebra cage.
I haven't worked on velour for a while so thought I would pull out one of my last sheets.  Want to go to larger sizes so will need to buy in full size sheets (much bigger financial investment), less color assortment I guess.
thanks much for stopping by and hope you have a super week.

Comments

Unknown said…
Absolutely stunning. You need to teach!
hmuxo said…
This is absolutely beautiful Nelvia!!!!! LOVE it! And love how the Cheetah fades in the dark....SO SO good!
My first thought was "oh, Wow!" This is lovely. You do such a super job with pastels. I like your comments about the path by the zebras at the zoo - funny. Have a great day!
Nancy Goldman said…
This is amazing Nelvia!! I wish you lived close to me so I could learn pastels from you. You are a master!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo