Metamorphosis - Avery

                                                            Metamorphosis - Avery
                                                                    24"x19"
                                                                     Pastel

Avery is the daughter of a friend of mine.  Many thanks to Carey and her friend, the photographer who took several wonderful shots of Avery.  Carey was kind enough to allow me to try to capture her.  I changed up the photo a bit by reversing the image and changed out the background and hat to lighter colors.

I kind of think of this as the culmination of my 30 day challenge work with the mugshots and feel pretty good about catching her.  I did try a quick sketch of her on Day 5 and didn't think I caught her at all.  I have to say that for one time the picture is so much better than this shot indicates.

You might ask why the title?  Well Avery is 14 and has quite an athletic personality.  I feel that these shots caught her as she is moving from childhood to young womanhood.  She is quite the beauty and I think she just radiates innocence and a freshness that lasts such a fleeting time.  I purposely left the right-hand side empty because it symbolizes that she is going to continue to grow and expand.

Hoping the family will like this and better yet recognize her.  Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Just gotta say WOW! You did a fabulous job on this Nelvia. Her face is wonderful, such great eyes and the texture so soft. I am sure the family will be more than happy. Congratulations on a job well done!
hmuxo said…
She's beautiful Nelvia!!!! You did a great job on her hands!! Not easy!
Jane said…
A gorgeous portrait of Avery, she must be very pleased. And I must say that you never choose the easiest way, the position of hand and arms look quite challenging.

Popular posts from this blog

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo