Simply Delicious Velvet Monkey pastel portrait


                                                                   Simply Delicious
                                                                         10"x12"
                                                                         PASTEL
Well, I am not sure but I think this is a Velvet Monkey.  I grabbed this guy from PMP, thanks very much to Bananenbrot for this shot.  I had drawn it up thinking I would do it when I decided to do the graphite Drill monkey from Colin.

For me this is more like a landscape rather than a portrait of an animal, because what attracted me to the picture wasn't so much the monkey, but I wanted to draw the fruit and use a bokeh background.  The fruit was just full of colors that never get out of my box, all those greens.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
He looks like a happy monkey with all that fruit. Love the textures on his long fur. Nicely done!!!
Helen said…
Love that fur!
Sheila said…
Makes me smile, he found the motherload! Gorgeous work!!
This piece doesn't seem to have your usual control but I guess the monkey hasn't groomed for a while - too busy eating all that luscious fruit - lol. the greens sure make the painting pop - nicely done Nelvia.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo