Izzy's pastel dog portrait



                                                                          Izzy's
                                                                        9"x12"
                                                                     Pan Pastel
I pulled several pictures of Izzy but absolutely fell in love with this one.  Actually there are a couple with this branch that is almost as big as she is.  Sandie says she carried it all over the beach that day, hers and she wasn't letting go.  But I loved seeing the stick possession coupled with those big feet that she finally grew into.  Many thanks to Sandie Bell of PMP who shared so many of her dog's pictures.

I wanted to do the chunky looser look again but as you can see I have aspects of it but then tends to go more in a controlled direction.   We have really gray weather and I can't seem to get a photo that really shows all of the color in the white and really reflects the vibrancy that this picture has.  I tried hard to concentrate on keeping this looser but fell back into my usual habits really without thinking.  So time to try another one.

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This doesn't look like an easy subject...you did a beautiful job on the motion on his body.
You can see how he doesn't want to let go of this branch!!! Too adorable!!
Unknown said…
You are getting them done girl. Great subject and executed great. You are amazing with the pastels.
A very difficult pose to do, Nelvia but you did a good job. The detail in the front paw is super.
Sheila said…
Love this expression, so sweet. Love the texture around the ears, and the nose. Wonderful work Nelvia!
Nelvia said…
I loved the puppy feel even though Sandie says she walks cross legged like this now. Thanks so much for looking as I value your thoughts and makes me feel better hearing your reaction.
Nelvia said…
Thanks for taking a look. As you know I have been working on pastels trying to get a different feel for them. They are so darn versatile.
Nelvia said…
Hey Val, I really have enjoyed these pics and doing something that is outside my box. guess I was so involved in trying to keep loose I didn't realize the pose. But it really makes the story.
Nelvia said…
Hi Sheila, this dog has so much personality that it was easy to do several of her. Will probably end up and do her traditionally again. But more playful poses coming. Thanks so much for taking a look and leaving me your thoughts, much appreciated.
Joan Tavolott said…
I smiled at the dog's determination to keep the big stick. Nice job on her, especially her snout and paws. She must have grown up into a fairly large dog from the size of those paws. What a cutie!
Jane said…
This is so sweet . Love the clumsy and crossed feet and the wonderful expression , great coloring too !

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo