Into The Mist

Into The Mist
It is always good to mark milestones on your journeys, and I feel like I have made one in my art over the last few weeks.  Not what you would call consistent, but I think I have hit onside winners.  I am trying to analyze what exactly is different, but not really sure what it is.   I think I am working with more with:  contrast, layers, different palette colors.  It seems there is more solidity and depth, overall a more pronounced presence in these paintings that I really like.  

This is a combination of two photos, one from Neil A. Kingsbury of PMP, and another of a small girl with the cloak that I liked.  The word prompt was "in the mist"  I changed it up a bit and turned it "into the mist" as I really liked that hand coming out at you inviting you to what??????

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is wonderful Nelvia. It almost gives you a 3-D feeling with her hand extended. Your paintings lately are SO amazing. Terrific colors and perfect expression.
I agree that your work seems to have progressed over the last while giving both more depth and more mystery. In the past many of your pieces told the whole story but now you seem to be leaving more to the viewers' imagination. Well done Nelvia.
Joan Tavolott said…
Your portraits have become so good! Each one has had something so compelling to it. This one is so good. I love the hand coming out as if she is trying to lure the viewer into the painting. I don't know what you are doing that is different but BRAVO!
Sheila said…
Gorgeous work Nelvia. Seeing it again, I am blown away. There is a lot of emotion, and yes, depth in this. You nailed it on the bokeh! Just enough, just right. Bravo my friend!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait