Fairy Wings - April PMP Challenge

Fairy Wings is 5"x7" color pencil and ink on white paper.  The April challenge for Paint My Photo was about using the photo reference library, primarily looking for butterflies.  If you get a chance check out the April 14 gallery and you will see some absolutely super work.  Plus the references, there truly is something for everyone.  When I started this challenge last month I started to do things that were outside my box, something creative.  One of the benefits of PMP is they do a magazine and Lorna Webber has done several articles on how artists have combined several reference photos and the unique results that they get.  So that's my goal with these challenges - DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT - last month did Alter Ego.  This month it's a fairy with butterfly wings - not quite as dramatic.   While I did fail on the first attempt, blew the face/arm configuration on the fairy's right side so that it wasn't correctable, I had to retry again.  While not terribly high on this execution, I do like the idea and resulting combination.  Below are the original reference photo links http://paintmyphoto.ning.com/photo/free - Freda Austin Nichols photographer for fairy body and       http://paintmyphoto.ning.com/photo/tiger-swallowtail-butterfly-1 Rodney Campbell for butterfly

 

Comments

hmuxo said…
Excellent work Nelvia. The butterfly is beautifully painted... I wasn't able to go on the sight for some reason.... I will try again, later!
Jane said…
Wow, there's a lot of movement going on here , and I think you did an excellent job on arms, legs and curves of the body , beautiful subject !
Nelvia said…
Not sure if site issues, here is to main page, http://paintmyphoto.ning.com
Nelvia said…
Photographer named photo Freedom, she truly is I also loved her lines

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo