Courageous Finished

Well she has been sitting on my board now for a couple of days and I think I am going to call her finished.  I guess you can pick on them forever making a tweak here or there.  Have gotten the frame and mat ordered (here is the preview) and will put her together and deliver her at the end of the month.

I got such a lovely note back from the photographer of my reference photo, Barb Tester from PMP, and I feel good about the picture and the project and hope that she will move some hearts and open some wallets for this worthwhile chariety.  This certainly has been a pleasure to work on and I am liking this technique and am going to try several more portraits in this combination.

Now however I am working on some smaller pictures in yet again a different technique, oil pastel, just to try to get a feel for it.  Boy this stuff is like working with butter, it just literally glides on.  This bears no resemblence to dry pastels that I usually work in.  It gives a lot of different opportunities and I am also going to try some  sgraffito to pull out undercolors.  Talking big right now as I have never used them, but am going to give it my best try and see what happens, remembering it is only paper and this isn't rocket science.
Thanks much for stopping by and have a great painting week.

Comments

Jane said…
A fabulous work Nelvia , the hair piece is stunning !
hmuxo said…
You finished her perfectly, Nelvia! She's beautiful and they will love her. I will look forward to your oil pastels.....I have never worked with them. I was told that it was like painting with crayons so you will have to tell me how you liked it.....
Nancy Goldman said…
This is really beautiful Nelvia! I love the colors and the softness.
Alexander said…
Yes this is really a great drawing. Very very artful. How long did you take for that?

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo