Pink WIP

Had to get back to something more productive.  I spent yesterday trying again to get Kharys on paper and catching a likeness.  While I like some things about the pictures I did, it still isn't right.  So am going to give it a break and then try again maybe next week, I still have the back of the paper and can get two more watercolor heads on there.  I did enjoy the break with the watercolor, makes me appreciate the dry media of either pastel or CP as it stays where you put it!!

I finally got myself in gear this morning and decided today was going to be Pink day.  About 4-5 hours of work here today.  Just went out to catch a shot in sunshine, forgot that with the time change the sun goes behind the trees and my usual shooting place is shade, not a good picture.   So this is shot while on my easel with sunlight from the west windows, on upper floor still gets sunlight, and my interior daylight bulbs.  Hope it comes out sort of accurate when blown up.

Had to do a little literary license on the neck area as the reference wasn't too great in how the feather structure makes that curve and goes into a new lay pattern.  I am putting in most of the feather base tones according to my ref pic and very light is what the reference shows, but to me it looks washed out.  So I believe I am going to go bold and really put in the color as I want this to really pop off that dark green.  Thank goodness this Stonehenge paper really will take the layers.

Thanks for stopping by and hoping that you realize it is TGIF and that you have a wonderful weekend.

Comments

Those feathers are looking lovely,soft and delicate.
hmuxo said…
It looks wonderful, Nelvia. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!!
Nelvia said…
Thanks Caroline and Hilda, you guys are just the best. I sure appreciate the comments and thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo