Coming And Going

                                                                 Coming and Going
                                                                           9"x12"
                                                                 Pastel/Sanded Paper
Well have been busy here painting, but on walls, not on pictures.  But, you do what you got to do, right?  Looks good and refereshed and I am not bugged by them anymore so guess I accomplished a lot.

These guys, or girls, reminded me of a donkey ride I had in Mexico when I was a kid.  I really like the ying/yang thing going on here and decided to make the background be hot and cold, the donkeys be light and dark, and of course, coming and going.  Thanks to Steve Lyddon at PMP for the photo reference.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having just a great week.

Comments

Alexander said…
great composition. I like the colours a lot. really well done and composed.
Nancy Goldman said…
I love this pose and the colors you used in the background. This makes me smile.
Jane said…
I really like the ying/yang feeling too and like Nancy , this made me smile :-)) Wish you a great weekend.
hmuxo said…
This is wonderful Nelvia! And the perfect title!
Nelvia said…
Hi A, thanks for the words on composition. I still feel as though I guess rather than plan on that. Had fun with this piece. Once rode donkeys in Mexico, brother raced me and we passed on a narrow bridge and it scared me to death. Hung on for dear life.
Nelvia said…
Hi Nancy, glad you like this and think it works. Trying to work my at to abstract with the background. Loved the lush colors.
Nelvia said…
hi Jane, weekend here has been a rain out. Just got tornado sirens and already 7 plus inches of rain. Glad you got a chuckle out of this.
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, good to,hear from you. Some pics just name themselves.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo