Wolf 5 Acrylic WIP

Well am continuing to work on the wolf and have gotten the head in pretty good shape I think.  I am happier with the coloring and only have under the left eye to finish up and then it will move on to finishing the body.   The hairs on the body are both medium short with longer tufting around the scruff of the neck.   It does seem easier to work over and in layers with the acrylic than it does with the water mixable oils, as they seem to get gummy.    I will be interested when I post them together if you can determine a different in the finish between the oils and acrylics.
I have tried several application techniques on this piece and seem to end up doing a lot of dry brushing and then some glazing to get the colors and texture that I am looking for.   I am still using the #1 flat brush and a small filbert that I got for $1 at Cheap Joes in Boone, NC.  I bought all they had and wish they had a few more as I find them indispensable brushes - just love the size.
I have to say that I am pretty happy with the eyes in this piece and think I need to quit playing around with them as I don't think I can get them any more full of life energy than they are right now.  So just slap my hands when I start to want to tweak and play!
This is getting kind of twitchy on me so I will stop now and work again on my hawk and try to post an update on how that's going on Friday.
Thanks much for stopping by and hope you are having just a great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo