Pond Reflections Day 6 30 Day Challenge

                                                                Pond Reflections
                                                                        8"x10"
                                                                        Acrylic

Well here is another try at a landscape painting with the knife.  This shot is from PMP, courtesy of Lisa Fry Harris who has several others that I might want to try.  If you haven't checked out that site yet, do yourself a favor and look not only at all the photos available but the wonderful artist international community you can interact with.
I used mat board as the support this time instead of the coated Canvasette, mistake!!! why? well the moisture soaks into the board dries the paint  so it doesn't really slide as well.  You end up and use almost too much paint on the knife (can you say blobs) to make it move.  These knives are tricky little devils, either it's too much or not enough paint.  Like all studies there are things I really like and then there are others that could use so much improvement.  But, at the end of the day I think it captured the winter grey day atmosphere.  Don't get me wrong here I like using the knife (it's faster, creates nice texture) but I still can't get used to the lack of control.
Canvasette, (I can't tell you how many years this pad has been sitting around)  I like using the paper as opposed to canvas as it requires much less storage room.  Going to work a bit on canvas board and canvas sheet form to see how that goes.  But been looking at art supplies and who knew there was so many acrylic/oil papers now available - who knew??  Of course not the brand I have been using so looks like a new adventure that I will have to go with.
Thanks much for stopping by and hope your New Year is off to a great start.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is beautiful Nelvia. You're getting better and better! Great subject!
Nelvia said…
Thanks Hilda, that is the goal to see improvement. I like landscapes. It never do much with them.
Meredith Adler said…
You have absolutely and totally captured that wintry feeling! What a great piece...looking forward to more of your work (no pressure, though :)
I think you did a great job on this piece. Next time give the mat board a coat of gesso or matt medium- it is a great way to use up those inside pieces that aren't big enough for using in framing. Have fun exploring the different surfaces.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo