Driving Here

Driving Here
7"x11"
Pastel
This is a picture, from Ro Lovelock of PMP, of her grandson Will.  I have done Will previously in Wave Runner.  I really cropped this picture down so I could get him framed by the steering wheel and he ended  up in the right spot of the rule of thirds.

This is my first work using the pan pastels.  I only have such a few colors but could use what I had (burnt sienna, white, black, yellow) in this picture.  They go on so sheer and working with the applicator wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.  And they sure kick up a lot less dust.  The really beautiful thing was I applied the black steering wheel over the light face and the black didn't bleed or migrate.  So, going forward I think I'll love using the dark colors and reds as they will stay in place and behave.  Everyone has to have a vice and I found another one, and quickly ordered some more colors and can't wait until they get there.

While a lot of this is the pan pastels the rest is traditional sticks.  But I did use some of the sponges and applicators on them as well - of course the trusty finger was used as that is going to be a habit that I won't be able to break after all of these years.  

Thanks much for stopping by to take a look, much appreciated.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is beautifully painted Nelvia. I've worked with pan pastels....nice underpainting for barns or skies....amazing job with his face!!!!! 💕
What a sweet picture, Nelvia. I had to laugh about 'your vice' - at least it is a reasonably healthy one - lol.
Jane said…
He looks so sweet and concentrated, what a lovely portrait :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo