Favorite painting


Yep, still here and still in the process.  I am ahead of schedule and so am just twiddling my thumbs a bit while I wait for the big "M" day.  So many things to do but have to wait until it's empty so I only have to end up and clean it once.  Whew.

This was a painting I did back in the 90's and this is probably close to one of my all time favorites.  I loved this little girl and her pensive look.  Plus all the jewelry was something of a challenge that I just had to try.   I look at the clouds now, and well, just roll my eyes at them.  But guess that is all part of the learning process.

While we have been in the decluttering/packing process I have spent so much time just going through things and keeping some memories and chucking out others.  So I have found cartoons for paintings that I did almost 25 years ago - wow - talk about a pack rat.  Well, I am a Sagittarius, with the Chinese symbol, a rat.  I once saw a book that broke it down father and I am a warehouse rat - a collector.  I always blamed my parents, as they came through the depression and I thought I got that hoarding gene from their philosophy.  But appears it just comes naturally.

Anyway, the count down continues and soon I will be reunited with my art supplies.  Amen!!!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Sheila said…
This is really wonderful Nelvia ;) I seem to go through phases. I collect, and then I purge. But I think I have cleared things for the last time. LOL Time will tell.
It is nice to have these painting to take you on a walk down memory lane, Nelvia. This one is charming but I agree about the clouds - lol. I have always been pretty good about clearing out the old so I don't have too much excess but I imagine any move would be a chore. Good luck and take it easy.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo