Fairy

Well, here is the final version of the fairy.   I didn't like the bottom so I cropped, thank goodness for the crop!!  Was happy to be able to get the transparent wings.  At least this go me started and I have another fantasy project to try.  Have to find my paints and brushes though and oh yeah, somewhere in the garage are some canvas boards!!!   Yeah, sure.

Anyway, got to tell you we have been having an early morning concert from the "Hoo Hoo Hoo".  Now, remember I am a city girl, so we are guessing that it is an owl or two as we hear a couple of different "hoo hoo hoo" levels.  Those of you country folks, don't laugh too hard, but do share with me what it might be.  But we also think we might have some wild turkeys running about as well, as we think we hear them especially in the mornings.  Already got outsmarted by a squirrel who laughed as hard as he could with such a full belly - so baffle is on its way.  Crazy guy hung right down with only his front feet on the feeder, eating like crazy.  After he finished ours off I saw him the next morning on another neighbors feeder when I finally got to walk about the neighborhood.  I really want to see the chickadees and woodpeckers, so am going to give that squirrel a run for his money.  But, they are pretty smart, so he probably will win.

Old house officially on the market - yessssss.  May that one special person show up quickly as that house doesn't deserve to be empty long.  But as always there is a problem, when they took the washer off something happened, so we got the plumber coming - fingers crossed it is a fairly easy fix.

Thanks much for stopping by and next post will be more about art and less about  the dreaded "move".

Comments

Helen said…
Well aren't you lucky to have a pair of owls! Enjoy them. Maybe if you're lucky you'll get to actually see them one day. You might have wild turkeys, but they aren't the ones asking, "Whoo? Whoo?" They'll sound a little more like a chuckle before they run off.
Nelvia said…
Ok that is pretty exciting, I think they are usually night owls, no pun intended, it might get lucky and see them in the daylight
Jane said…
Beautiful fairy , so different from the original , but great interpretation ! Love all the animal life you are having, a bit envious too:-) I had the same in my summer house in Denmark, but sold it ( and miss it ) .
Nice to see this finished, Nelvia. I like the green dress; it is a great contrast to the soft background. Does she have wings above her waist or just the ones below? - I can't tell. I hope you manage to outwit the squirrel. They can be real pests if they are too close to the house - they like attic spaces and can fit through very small gaps. Good luck seeing any owls!
Joan Tavolott said…
Lovely finish to this, Nelvia! I love that you were able to keep the softness of the background and the transparency of her wings. Due to the softness like Val, I can't tell if the wings are above her waist too. You really transformed that original photo nicely!!!

Your description of the creatures made me smile. You will be surrounded by creatures that you can bring into your work too. Enjoy your new location and your new little friends. :)
Sheila said…
Well one thing to fix is not bad at all. Fingers crossed it is minor ;) This is lovely, and I do like the softness. I agree with the others, hard to see wings on top. But I kinda think that lends itself to the myth of the fairy. If you make any adjustments, I would not make them to strong.
Very sweet and Dreamy :)
Might be some doves... they coo sort of like a who ;) LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Km-jtXueTw

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo