The Fire Inside mixed media portrait

The Fire Inside
Meet Grace, she is the granddaughter of a photographer friend from PMP-Art, Sandie Bell.   Sandie is a wonderful photographer and has share so many photos, of her dogs and her grandchildren.  We have gotten to watch Grace grow up and she is maturing into a beautiful young woman.

Wanted to try my color patch technique again and as always have to change things up.   Actually I started this using acrylic paints.   However, this palette was really, really subdued.   I just couldn't get the color to lighten up.   So decided to try an experiment.   I hear your groans!!!    Anyway, slapped on some clear gesso and decided I would switch to pastels and see how the technique worked with that.   So, I think what I came up with here is still lots of color, but not as bold, more subdued but still full of energy and vibrancy.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.


Comments

Sheila said…
Ha ha ha ha! No groan here Nelvia. LOL ;) Pure magic! Beautiful! Muted and bright, perfectly balanced. :)
Another fascinating painting Nelvia! I am not a fan of yellow so this one doesn't resonate with me the same way the last one did but I do applaud your experimenting - as Sheila said - no groan here - lol!
Joan Tavolott said…
Finally starting to catch up. Those touches of color on her skin are just great!! This portrait really shines.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo