Various Birds WIP

 
 

Ok, between sneaking off to the mountains to see the Fall colors (it had unfortunately gone past peak in many elevations), attended a big time craft show and being under the weather for a few days when I got back, there hasn't been a great deal of work going on artwise. 
But here is an update on a new piece which I thought was just an awesome Osprey shot.  It is from PMP and Sandy who is quite a wonderful wildlife photographer out of Florida.   He caught this Osprey in full flight with his catch of the day.   I am going to call it "Triumphant".   This will be another color pencil on Stonehenge paper, 11"x14".
I started it because when I drew him up I was really pumped, but laid him away and now since I was frustrated with both trying to get Khrys drawn for another portrait and not being particularly excited about Pink I figured well, why not.  So figure now I will have multiple things to be frustrated about...... LOL
Once I got rolling with the Osprey I decided to pull out and work on Pink a bit, so you can see I am beginning to develop the short feathers on top of the Flamingo head.   Think when you aren't sure, you should just start with something to get going and eventually you fall into some type of rythum.  I am definitely going to have to punch up more of the color throughout the head to take advantage of the colors you see around the eye color.   I am combining multiple of my reference photos to come up with the coloration so I guess I can really let it fly and just make it any colors I want to do. 

Comments

Those are looking great,looking forward to seing the portrait of Kharys.
Glad to hear you are feeling better! Have fun with color,that is what it is all about,making it your own.
Have fun painting.
Chat soon
Caroline
Jane said…
Looking forward to seeing more of both, very interesting works , good to hear you are feeling better !
hmuxo said…
I hope you're feeling better, Nelvia! This is developing very nicely and look forward to what the next post brings...
Nelvia said…
I am stumped on how to get more color, used some tones that took liberty and now I am not sure where to go. Got to remember it is just a piece of paper, right?
Nelvia said…
Hi Jane, am doing better and will be glad when all test come back ok. Think I just did something stupid! I thought when I did several birds they would get easier, wrong. But plow ahead. Great learning going on.
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, going slow, but guess that is the mode of CP. I do love the details. Giving up and just going with them.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo