Rainbow Pug



                                                                    Rainbow Pug
                                                                       16"x12"
                                                               Acrylic/Marker/Oil
Rainbow Pug is completed now and I was hoping that I would have figured out a technique to do the larger picture I still have on my board.  This experiment morphed a bit as I did it and I have ideas on how to do the next one but well, just not sure.  So guess I will start it and just hang on and see what happens.

You can really tell the difference between the media in this picture.  The oil on the background hasn't even begun to dry yet, and some of the unevenness should go away once it is dry enough to varnish.

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This painting is SO magical, Nelvia. Beautifully done....I love his sweet face and his eyes are so expressive. Wonderful colors as well.
Sheila said…
LOVE this Nelvia! The colors make me think of those wonderful old Disney animated films. Magical, mystical, irresistible. The Pug's expression is so delightful! Awesome, again!
Nelvia said…
WellHilda are you ready for Spring up there? Glad you like this, wasn’t sure most of the way, but always like working with the bold colors
While this is not something I would every hang - I don't like pugs - it is brilliantly done! Great job Nelvia.
Helen said…
I've always admired this style - using bright unexpected colors. I think I'd like to take a lesson in how to do this.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo