Shot Thru with Turquoise

Well, not a lot to show for last week as I finally gave up and gessoed over it on Sunday.  Just wasn't coming together.  Battled the sky, battled the face, just generally battled.

So to do something fun I finally tried doing a pour and swipe.  This is a 6"x6" canvas so you can pretty much turn this any way you would like to get the most interesting look.    I started out trying to control it and find that it is impossible, especially when you have a lot of paint.  So it ended up being several pours and swipes before I left it at this point.  I need to get some bottles, like the old squeeze bottles you used for ketchup and mustard, with the pointy spout so I can put out less paint.  Since I added Floetrol and then more water I might have gotten it too thin as well.  Not sure what I am going to do with this now, may just pour over it again and might try to paint something on it - who knows!! that is the fun of these projects.



 Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
Hard to tell which orientation I like the best. Love the movement in this!!
Sheila said…
Love the first one. Definitely a keeper!! :)
Nelvia said…
I just like the fact that each way has a different look and could be changed to have a fresh piece of art. Used my left over colors to start a new project
Nelvia said…
I am going to add to the Etsy store just to see if I get any hits. I still haven’t figured out yet how to get seen, but fun to keep on trying
The first and second are my favourites. The segmented parts remind me of fish or snakes and each has an 'eye' to make the subject's focal point. When I was asking for help with one of my abstracts, a friend told me that 'abstracts by their nature can not be judged'. People like a piece or they don't - lol. I like this one!
hmuxo said…
Beautiful work Nelvia! You should do more of these...
Lovely, it makes me think about fabric , maybe a scarf
So nice that everyone sees something different in an abstract.
Jane said…
I like abstracts and I like this a lot, soothing somehow , and love the movement.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo