Angels Among Us acrylic portrait

Angels Among Us
Nothing too fancy for this piece except that I cleaned the palette a couple of times to create the abstract background.  This week's lesson was to do an art journal page using an angel.  I didn't start with a collage or do stenciling on this one, but did think that it would be a challenge for me to do a  multiple portrait.  I haven't done many, or maybe any, because I alway think that just doing one portrait and getting it to come out is whew!!

So, the only thing I really got right about this less is the angel part.  I have wanted to do these children and thought the story here would be pretty interesting.  Still working with the same palette of mars purple, turquoise and yellow ochre.  

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Helen said…
I really do like the blotches of color that make up the background.
Sheila said…
I love the energetic background Nelvia ;) These to look like very thoughtful young angels. Love what you did with the hair on both of them. :)
carol edan said…
Delicate and delightful!
Great job Nelvia. I like the background too - great way to use up paint - lol. I like the line work for the wings - just a suggestion that they are angels - lol
Joan Tavolott said…
I like the way you did the background and love the portraits of the two angels. This is really nice!!! I am finally home and will be catching up on blogs now that I can actually read them and post messages.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo