The Red Hat watercolor woman's portrait

The Red Hat
Getting around to trying out this week's lesson.   The purpose was to layer watercolor washes.   You were supposed to leave it where there was sediments and edges.  That was really hard for me, not to try to smooth it out.   Well, got to admit I did smooth it out a lot and had to go back in and try to leave edges again.  

This wasn't the instructors model, but I really have been wanting to do this lady for a while.   Not sure what it is about it, but I really liked it.   Might try to again on black paper in pastel as I would like how she would emerge out of the darkness.  I have my pans down so might go ahead and do that just for a change of pace and media.    After all, women can't live with watercolor alone, right?

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Reference

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
Lovely job. I like how you lightened the image to do it in watercolors. You are really doing so well with the skin tones in watercolor. I also like your idea of doing it a second time in pastel since I love the way she emerges from the darkness in the photo. Go for it!
Wow! You sure are learning a lot from this course, Nelvia. There have been a number of techniques you have mentioned that are new to me. You did a super job on this ans I look forward to sseing her in pastel too.
Sheila said…
Love it! In the photo she is a little more thoughtful. In your painting I see a strong, confident woman. There is a hint of a smile starting. Well done my friend!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo