Dried Hydrangeas WIP Still Going

Anyway, here is today's update.  I think I am getting closer on the technique for the flower and tomorrow when it is slightly tacky I'll add more darks and highlights and then call it done.   I am going to have to try one of these using the interactive acrylics to see how they function using the method - just have to blend sooner I think or reopen with water.  IRL I have iridescent reflections on the pot and I sure am at a loss of how to mix that type of color - IDEAS PLEASE

As I am looking at this I think when I set up to paint I have a slightly different view of the subject.  I also think I am going to go more with the photo and make my glass darks and lights more intense.  I think too I need to increase the shadow tones on the vase for the dark side and that might actually help the dry leaves to pop.  I am struggling with the leaf colors, so think I am going to pull out some burnt sienna, and cheat, to try to match the tone.  One of the nice things about both the oil and the acrylics you can make changes pretty easily.  I'm not sure but I hope I am learning a lot and that this will get less tedious and go faster after a picture or two.  Maybe I better get my horse pastel out of the heap and try finishing it just to give me some confidence.

Thanks much for taking a look and hope this week is going well for you. 



Comments

Your painting is looking really great.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo