The Bond Finished


                                                                       The Bond
                                                                          20"x15
                                                                         Acrylic
Well it is finally finished and I am pretty happy with the results.  It has taken time, guess this is close to two weeks of work with just a couple of day off.   Thanks again to Susan Freeman for such a wonderful photo.  I did simplify it a bit with the background and hat, but I think it just adds to the focus.  Tried to utilize the the rule of thirds and think it was successful.   The picture doesn't quite do the actual color justice, overall it is richer.

However I am not sure that I really used anyone's technique but a compilation of what felt right at the time.  I really tried to do the technique, but I think I just reverted to whatever gave me the effect I was looking for.

And talk about successful I think the arm addition works quite well (between using my own and a mirror and looking at other photos) I think I was able to get it in and shaded so it looks realistic.  Still not sure I really found the recipe for the golden brown on the horse, but this is it and I am sticking to it.

Thanks to all who took this WIP journey with me.  Hope you are having a super week and thanks for stopping by to take a look.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is finished beautifully Nelvia! The color of the horse is perfect! Another successful painting...💕
You did a super job Nelvia! I really like the background too, I think it fits the feel of the pose perfectly. Have a great week.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Hilda, got another horse coming up as part of a multi picture combination, fingers crossed. I feel this is one of my better paintings. Will be interested when I put in on my website as to interest it generates. I think the subject is super.
Nelvia said…
Hi Val, am glad to,hear your background thoughts. Another artist suggested it should have pinks, oranges and warm colors in there to convey the emotions I like the thought. It am not going to make the changes here but ,aye try it on another. I wish I could do photoshop as I would like to trot out to see how it impacts the picture.
Helen said…
Looks like a story there... like it should be the cover of a book... or maybe the last illustration in a heartwarming children's book. Such love.
Helen
Nelvia said…
I wonder too if Ed just has that knack with all his animals or just a special closeness with this horse. But you can sure feel the emotion in this piece.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo