Just Thinking

                                                                   Just Thinking
                                                                     16"x12"
                                                                       Pastel
Needed to do a dog for the DPW weekly challenge.  And after The Bond I was ready for something fun and quick, so of course, out came the pastels.   This is on black Artagain paper.  This paper doesn't hold many layers so you have to be pretty direct and just get your colors down.
I am not sure, but think this pup is Bernese.  His name is Hobie and I really loved his distinct and kind of bold markings as well as the eyes and their expression.  Not sure exactly what his expression says, but I thought he looked like he was thinking pretty hard.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great Friday.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Beautifully painted! I love his eyes... So expressive!
Nelvia said…
Well here we are Hilda, almost Fall. You have been hot too! I have been told this guy is a King Charles spaniel, similar coloring but much smaller size. I just love eyes and almost lose interest once I get them finished - am working on it staying in the moment.
A charming little piece Nelvia
Jane said…
I think the title is perfect, could really look like 'he' is thinking hard LOL ! Lovely and sweet expression , well done !
Nelvia said…
Sometimes when I don't try too hard it stays fresher and turns out, lesson to be learned in there I think
Nelvia said…
Thanks Jane, sure wish they could talk sometimes. Just gotta love those eyes

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo