The Bond WIP

Well it is so darn hot here, and we are getting no rain, ground is like concrete and the lawn and garden are struggling.  Got to say that I am looking forward to the end of summer and cooler temps.    Matter of fact sweats are sounding pretty good right now.  But it is inspiration to stay in and work on projects.

Pretty much have gotten this mostly blocked in.  Will have to spend some time looking for an arm that will fit in the right-hand side as it doesn't exist in the reference photo.

Not sure but I think I may have figured out the honey-brown color, just had to break down and put yellow ochre on my palette.  I know you are supposed to be able to mix this stuff but I think there are just some colors I use all the time and will just automatically add them, like burnt sienna, yellow ochre.

Thanks much for stopping by to check on this journey.

Comments

It is looking pretty good Nelvia. I know what you mean about mixing your colours. I have managed to get a fair approximation of Burnt Sienna and Raw Sienna by mixing primaries but it is so much easier to use them from the tube. Have a great day!
hmuxo said…
Adding an arm is so challenging but I think you'll do it! lol.......its coming along so beautifully and I look forward to seeing the next post!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo