Day 21 30 Day Challenge Creekside pastel


Ok, decided to try this again on the Artagain paper.  It takes more layers than the card stock and it was a blueish gray that I started with.  I used both pan pastels to start and then layered in using regular pastels, really no pencils in this piece.  Since what I was going from previously was out-of-my-head, which is my usual state, it isn't exactly the same, but pretty similar.  I still got to figure out how to do the foliage but I like the waterfall effect in this one better.

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Helen said…
Ahhh... lovely... I wonder if Laura could come skipping down from her dugout to wade...
(You'll get that if you ever read On the Banks of Plum Creek.)
Sheila said…
I like them both, but I think you are right. The waterfall works better in this one. The rocks I think have alot to do with that. Beautiful :)
Joan Tavolott said…
You did a good job capturing the movement of the water in the falls. Nice!!
I'm not sure about this piece, Nelvia. Your rocks aren't as crisp as the first piece but your water looks pretty good and the colours are nice. A difficult challenge with pastels!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo