Day 25 30 Day Challenge Fishing Egret on dendritic print


                                                                       Fishing
                                                                        7"x5"
                                                                   Acrylic/Print
Here is another picture using the hand-pulled print as the background and base coat.  I changed up the color, using sap green, and the paper, using a watercolor paper.  You can see a big difference in the type of print that I got.  This didn't nearly cover as much of the paper, or this might have been a ghost print.  (I think all prints that are pulled after the original print are called ghost prints.)

Since I saw water and foliage I thought a wading bird would be perfect, and there is a great nature photographer at PMP, Rodney Campbell who had this photo of a fishing egret.  We used to have these in our back yard in Florida and they are quite like cats who really stalk the fish.  Those great big feet stir up the water and the fish and from his lofty perch those eyes see the movement and well, it's all over but the feasting!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Very nice Nelvia!! Nice colors and subject!!!
Sheila said…
Beautiful work :)
Joan Tavolott said…
What a lovely piece!!! The pulled print gives this such nice texture.
Unknown said…
I REALLY like this one - all is fantastic
A super piece Nelvia. The background is great and your Egret is perfect - the feathers look so soft and touchable. do you use a brayer when doing the printing or just the pressure of your hands?
Nelvia said…
I am definitely going to try a few more of these. Doesn't work exactly as I think it should, but might just need to make changes in paint thickness.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Sheila, my version of abstract I guess.
Nelvia said…
Yes the only way I'll get texture I think. I do like how it shines through, I just need to figure out how to exploit it into a finished picture that makes sense. Although I want the texture it bothers me - crazy I know.
Nelvia said…
Thanks, I like this one better too. Have another coming is I am out to lunch on it.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val. I don't have a brayer, although it is on my list. Right now just using hand pressure and the floor.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo