Day 22 30 Day Challenge Coral Pulled Print

Yet another experiment.  This is another pulled print, this is in acrylic and you just never know what you are going to get.  It all depends on the thickness of the paint as to how the pattern developed.  Of course I think that as you change colors that is also going to affect the patterns.  While this looks black, it is actually Hookers Green.

So I did a few and then am going to try to think of something to put on them, although I guess they could stand on their own.  But this makes me think of coral reefs and something underwater.  Since my challenge was fur/feathers/fin, I guess it is time to do something fin.  So for one of the next days, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
It does look like an underwater coral reef. I like how the pulled prints come out! This one looks really great!! I guess like anything it is figuring out how to balance the amount of paint for what you are trying to achieve. That is the time that experimenting like this comes in. I'll be watching for your fins.
carol edan said…
Very interesting textures and patterns!
Sheila said…
In the thumbnail I thought it was a leopard. I love the patterns, and they do look like coral. Really interesting!! have fun with the next one's Nelvia :)
Unknown said…
Never thought of something like this - I like it, and yes it is coral all over.
This is so interesting Nelvia. I am not familiar with coral and like Sheila I thought leopard at first. Isn't it cool that people can see different things. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait