Gala

                                                                           Gala
                                                                         24"x18"
                                                                         Acrylic      
Well I think it is ok to post this now as this was a commission I was working on in January for an April anniversary gift and should be in its permanent home by now.  This is a good sized piece for me and is done in acrylic with a little gold leaf here and there.

You might wonder why the gentleman has his suit jacket off, well in the reference his wife was wearing it as it got cold in the ball room.  But she had such a beautiful dress on I decided to add that back in, I also added the necklace, the disc actually wasn't in the picture and added more stars in the background.  But I think the crowning glory of this piece is the crystal mask and it took me a few coats to get all the sparkle of the colors into it.   I was very fortunate as I had multiple really good reference photos to work from and I had a lot of fun completing this piece.  Even though I had smiling mouthes, teeth and glasses!!

Thanks much for taking a look.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
Excellent job on this...especially their smiles and the teeth. I like how you adjusted the piece using the different photo references.
This seems like quite a departure for you, Nelvia. I am sure your clients are very happy with the painting. Well done!
hmuxo said…
OMG Nelvia!!! This is absolutely beautiful! I'm sure they love it!!!! And your previous work is outstanding my friend! With every painting you do...you get better and better!!
I'm still not painting but I'm hoping the therapy 3 times a week will help! Keep those paintings coming....you're amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo