30 Day Challenge #30 LAST DAY - Watching

                                                                       Watching
                                                                         9"x12"
                                                                 Pastel/Velour Paper
"Watching" was kind of the kickoff for my challenge work.  This was one of the first paintings I did going back to my beloved pastels but using a different support from pastel paper.  "Watching" gave me the encouragement to start down a new path.  And for many of the last challenge days I have painted on both velour and sanded supports.  I think now I have used them enough that I will be able to determine by subject which support might provide the best look, but still think you get some great looks on mi-teintes papers as well. 

For 2015 I promised myself I would concentrate more on one media, pastel, and while I am glad to stay more with my pastels going forward I also want to dedicate myself to learning to work with oils.  I think for portraits of any kind you have to be able to do oil even though for me I don't work with the brush the same as I do drawing tools.  Maybe it is a practice thing?  Let's hope.  

I want to thank all the people who so kindly stood by me with this challenge and came to comment, look and support the efforts.  It was so much appreciated.  The art community, on all sides,  is such a wonderful network of people.  While the challenge may be at an end, we are all just at the beginning of this next journey.  I hope you will join me and I you as we move forward.

TGIF, thankfully it is the last day of the challenge - have a wonderful weekend.


Comments

Tam Foree said…
Your work is wonderful, Nelvia. Your pastel work is amazing as is your other mediums. This little (big) kitty is a total winner. The gaze and the grass are my favorite parts but I love all of it, really!!
hmuxo said…
The perfect painting to end your challenge with, Nelvia. She's beautifully painted.
and a definite winner! Congratulations on the challenge.
I agree with Hilda,you did a wonderful job with the challenge and you should be very proud of all of the paintings you did!!
renate said…
Hello dear Nelvia) Congratulations on achieving this major challenge. I can't do that, so respect for you! You have created beautiful paintings and pastels. Your lion I found beautiful but your last pastel is definitely one of the most beautiful! Nice to read that you are going to focus more on pastels. I've decided to stay at Yupo for the time being. I enjoy again all your work! Lots of love and a big kiss:) xxx
Jane said…
I love the strays of grass in front of the face , such a great work again. I think it is just amazing you could pull out of your magical hat a fabulous piece EVERY day for 30 days , you should be very proud !
Super mooi geworden Nelvia lieve groetjes Danielle

Popular posts from this blog

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo