30 in 30 Challenge #6 - Norma's Eye

Norma's Eye
9"x12"
Pastel/Sanded Paper (terracotta)
Ok, it is kind of a strange subject, but I just love to do eyes, so....   Thanks to AinslieG at Paint My Photo for her reference photo of her first horse.   While not a horse person I think their eyes really are the windows to what they are thinking, plotting or scheming to do to us.
 
Oh wow, just got an email from the owner/photographer and she humbles me:
"I am all teary!  You have captured her eye perfectly.  That is her soul coming through.  Wow.  I am really very touched and feel emotional (in a good way!).   I love it. :)"             For an artist, it just can't get any better than that. 
 
Congratulations to Alexander as you guessed a horse, and thanks to Danielle for taking a guess.    This was on my "how good is your imagination" earlier post.
 
This is on the dreaded sanded paper, again I can't get over how it eats the pastel and how it rides on the surface of the paper.  I am going to have to figure out a way to blend in some of this reside so it doesn't live in my studio air for days on end.  My eye is getting a bit more accustomed to seeing texture and my strokes so keep on it until it seems more normal.  Have to admit on backgroun on paper on Kingfisher blending was such a nice thing.
 
Thanks much for stopping by (ah finally got sun yesterday and today, but now it is COLD) and hope your week is going great.

Comments

Alexander said…
yippers the eye is great. really wow
Nelvia said…
Just finished posting tomorrow pic and saw you had just posted something - you playing hookey from school? No I guess it's late enough there to be home. Will shoot you a comment a bit later. Thanks, this was an unusal subject but thought it would be fun to try to get all the color and reflections in a large eye - I was pretty pleased how it turned out. My hubby thinks I am nuts by the way.
Nelvia said…
Sue and Sheila thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such nice comments, much appreciated.
Nancy Goldman said…
Beautiful Nelvia. The eye really looks wet.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo