New Fantasy Piece acrylic realism

                                                                                                               This is the new project in my fantasy series.  The inspiration for this came from a terrific reference photo from Neil A. Kinsbury, from PMP, who has posted some fabulous and very dramatic shots.  He is a story teller extraordinary.   I have wanted to do a number of his shots for some time now. 

Decided I wanted to do this in acrylic and in a Singer Sargent feel.  Oh that I could only do his brush work and strokes!!  also was ready for some very structured realism, I sure don't know why.    I must be excited about the piece as I was up very early this morning raring to get started on it.   I wanted to be sure I got the face blocked in all in one setting so that the colors are similar and I just felt I had it going.    I already am half in love with the drama of this piece.

I think the title of this piece is going to be Fortune Teller, so I am changing it up from Neil's Gypsy Veil.  Now I have got to tell you that I am not a witch, although I love Harry Potter and read a lot of Nora Roberts.  (Sorry if you are disappointed at this point)  But I felt this needed more to tell the story, so I am going to use some symbolism in this piece to really complete the story that Neil has started.  

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Looking good Nelvia! Why would people be disappointed to hear that you read Harry Potter and Nora Roberts? Both do well written stories and have huge following. Have fun with this one!
Sheila said…
And your off! Oh this is fun Nelvia, can't wait :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo