Thought Process and Prayers

Richard's Photo














What the heck are all these pictures?  Well here is my thought process as I am trying to get more creative this year and continue my fairy thoughts.  I came across Richard Long's photo and realized I never have done a dragon and that seemed very fairy-like to me.  I took the second dragon reference because it showed some details that I thought I would add to my dragon.  I wanted to figure out a background that wasn't so simple as just a sky, and after trying some castle ruins, kept looking and found the gate with the castle background.  Flipped it horizontally to fit the way I saw the picture.  Next was to find a little girl that had a pose I could utilize to turn into the fairy.  I am not really good yet at making up details from my imagination so all these things help me toward the final product.   So these are all my visual aids in developing My Imaginary Friend - bet you see where this is going?

I hope, so that is where the prayers and fingers crossed come into the picture that this will come together as I see it in my head.  Have thought and dreamt about this for a couple of nights now.  Since it is yet another gray rainy day, this is a great time to begin the process.   First will be finalizing the cartoon where I try to fit all the pieces together.   If I was better I would learn some of the free photoshop-type things but GIMP is way beyond me.  There was another that I used and I have to find it as it probably is faster and you can change colors, etc.  But for right now I am using the old tracing paper exercise.  You draw the parts and then retrace to one final sheet.  So, I finally have my cartoon almost complete and will try to post that tomorrow along with the beginning base in.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
I love seeing and reading about your thought process. This sounds awesome!
Helen said…
Can't wait to see the end result!
Oh, I am so looking forward to seeing this piece as it progresses. I can imagine the little girl saying something like 'of course, you can fly. You just spread your wings and jump!' This is going to be so sweet.
Sheila said…
Oh I LOVE what Val had to say! And I love seeing your process, and OF COURSE you can bring it all to life. I believe it! If you ever need help with gimp, I know Photoshop, and I can help I am sure. Just email me. No really, I mean it. It is not as hard as it looks. Once you get going. ;) Enjoy!
Nelvia said…
Fingers crossed, usually it sounds better in my mind.
Nelvia said…
Love that you are on the journey with me. This is all the Art Sherpa's fault!!
Nelvia said…
I love that as the conversation. Dragons can fly I think!!
Nelvia said…
Me too, this is what is great about pictures, everyone gets to do the story line. Yeah, I need to study up a bit on that so if you are game I will start to set aside some time to see if I can learn.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo