The Fortune Teller finally finished acrylic figure

                                                        The Fortune Teller
                                                               16"x20"
                                                               Acrylic
She certainly was a fun project and came together pretty much as envisioned.  But it is the great thing about painting, each picture has something different to teach you.  While you might struggle in parts and aspects, if you push through you will be pleased to accomplish something that helps you in the next picture or so.

I really like the drama of this piece and have to credit background for that.  While my goal was to pain this realistically, it is not hyper realism and I was able to use some of the techniques I learned while I was doing the performers series.  I always have to remember to step back.  Like Monet is the best example, right up close it is a bunch of squiggles, dashes and blobs of color.  But step back and magically it comes into focus.

On to another project, thinking though this will be more fairy-like or a goddess.

Thanks so much for stopping by and my crew buddies - I appreciate you so much for all the thoughts, support comments and critiques.  Your thoughtful help makes me improve and see things I would normally miss.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
I see an addition to the background...super idea. This has such color harmony and I love how parts of it just blend into the background. Wonderful piece!!!
Jane said…
WOW WOW WOW she is just fantastic Nelvia, a real show stopper !
This piece is just super Nelvia. The details and the lighting are perfect and the addition of the moons is a great finish. It was so interesting to watch your progress through the painting. Thank you so much for sharing.
This is just lovely , everything about it. The colors are amazing
hmuxo said…
Beautifully finished Nelvia!!!! Have a wonderful Easter!!!!
Sheila said…
Beautiful work :) Powerful, magical, mystical. Love the moons addition ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo