The Fortune Teller WIP Continues

Well we finally are going to get a break from the gray, cold, wind and rain - what they call the wedge here as it comes down the Appalachian mountains.  I don't always hibernate when it is like that, but it is not my favorite weather.  Did get a bit stir crazy from so many days of it and took off for a wonderful long walk yesterday.  So when it decides that it is going to be sunny and the temps are going to get to the mid 70s, it is time to enjoy the porch.  Thinking of all the videos I can watch or how many pages of my book I get to ready.  Sounds funny for a retired person, but I am getting a day off!!  So, probably not much painting going on today just enjoying and seeing if we see new birds - our most unusual to date is a Red Bellied Sapsucker.

Decided to do this painting using purple as one of the main underlying colors.  So there is purple in just about everything from the black background to the shadow skin tones.  I think that it ties the picture together pretty well.  Also saw a video that talks about magenta as your "red" so am using it along with burnt sienna to get the rich reds in this piece.  I also am still really enjoying my new toys - two of them - transparent and unbleached titanium white.  (I am using the Liquitex basic for parchment and soft body for the transparent)   It is like "how did I ever live without these colors"?   I use the parchment as a base for the skin tones and it adds that necessary yellow.  As you can see most everything is blocked in now so I have the finishing details to continue to work on.  She wears a lot of jewelry and I think that will be really fun to put in.  So hoping a couple more days of work and she will be complete.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Love the colors, very nicely done.
Joan Tavolott said…
Love the use of purple to tie it all together! This is really stunning!!
hmuxo said…
It looks like it's almost finished already....I love how the skirt looks and how it blends into the background!!!! That part looks beautiful....
Helen said…
I think she's beautiful and filled with attitude just the way she is!
And, I completely agree about the unbleached titanium!
You are doing such a super job on this Nelvia. I like the purple and how it ties the whole thing together. I have not heard about the two whites you are using - they sound very interesting. Enjoy the warmth and sunshine today; it is always good to stop and just enjoy!
Sheila said…
Enjoy the weather! Really love how she is turning out. And now that her body has disappeared into the shadows a bit, her arm looks much better. Have fun with her baubles!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo