Red Planet fairy fantasy pastel

                                                                             Red Planet
                                                                                 16"x12"
                                                                                  Pastel
Here is the red planet idea pretty much finished.  Made some time this morning and I had a lot of fun with this and I like the idea, probably enough to try and paint it in acrylic, as I really like the original reference photo.  I am so happy being able to take the time to paint again as it is a necessary thing in my life to make me feel complete.

I definitely will have to find someone in a similar pose where I can see the entire body pose as I would really like to see her completely against the sky.  I did end up using some traditional pastels in the orbs and again going over the red planet.  Only thing I am not happy with is that yellow and black equals green - so my yellow orb doesn't really read yellow.  Guess in the future I would have to underpaint with white, maybe gouache kind of dry brushed to not wrinkle the paper.  But think that would remedy that issue.   A happy accident is the green or be being so close to the red planet wet it back father and give this picture more depth - at least I think I see that - do you?

Anyway, thanks for taking a fantasy voyage with me.

Comments

Helen said…
She is quite beautiful.
Sheila said…
Awesome work Nelvia ;) I am not seeing the green sitting further back. if that is what you meant. Or not by much anyhow. But I love the piece as a whole. And she is sassy and strong! :)
A super job on a fascinating painting, Nelvia. She definitely seems warrior-like. I am not sure I like the white of the paint on the end of her nose- it reminds me of the selfies kids are taking with a sticker on their noses - lol. I would like to see a full body piece of this subject too. Happy Sunday!
hmuxo said…
Excellent work, Nelvia!!!!! She's magical....
Nancy Goldman said…
I'm loving your fairy series. This one is amazing! I can't believe that it is mostly pastel.
Joan Tavolott said…
Love how this came out! I think the yellow orb just looks like it is farther away with the subdued yellow. I can see you doing a full figure like this...and can only imagine her warrior costume. Keep these coming! It is so great that you now have the time to paint again. I know I miss it if I can't paint or sketch.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo