Alluring


Alluring
I have to admit that while I have dabbled in it, I haven't been such a huge fan of charcoal.  Know a lot of the lessons I have combine paints and charcoal, and I have approached cautiously.  I just don't like the dirty look, or the mud that you can easily get.  Heck, I don't have any problem doing that with my paints.

This week we had Robert Kelley as our instructor.  This guy is a master manipulator of charcoal.  He is a master.  It was wonderful to watch his several hours worth of video and listen to his thought process.

Of course I always seem to have to deviate.  I thought I was going to try to do the straight lessons this year.  But Again I have finally decided to maybe use the same reference, or not, but let "my style" try to shine through.  I am not real sure what it is, but I am trying to give it free rein.  So I decided to use charcoal, but also add some color.  We have had nothing but days and days of rain and gray skies.  Where is the color???

I did however combine the pastel with charcoal and used the various tools he was demoing on both types of media.  Only thing I really did wrong was to use Artagain, it was just too smooth to really  get enough layers to get good deep contrast.  

Oh yeah, major breakthrough ...... I actually broke my charcoal stick to make a smaller piece.  I usually don't do that with pastels either - eventually they get smaller.   But yep, that's me!!!! throwing caution to the wind and being a rebel.  

Oh also trying a new look on the blogger - always like your feedback.


Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.

Comments

Sheila said…
LOVE the new blog look. Very dynamic. The soft background is relaxing. Loved reading your post. So strong, your determination to get your style - YOU - out there. Love that Nelvia. :) This is stunning. I love the touches of color. Very rainy day indeed. :)
laurelle said…
The new look is much more vibrant and not as dark. Good choice. I commented on Instagram that I very much like how you rendered her skin; it looks so soft. The blue adds just the right punch!
Helen said…
Wow! How about that orange! I like it!
This piece of art is beautiful. The turquoise... the expression... the lost edges... Really, really nice one.
As I said on FB, this is fabulous, I really like the addition of the blue and I think you did a grea job with the charcoal. I like the look of the blog too.
hmuxo said…
Absolutely beautiful.. LOVE this portrait!!!!
Joan Tavolott said…
This is really great! I love your use of the blue in this and your use of the charcoal is impressive! However you are changing things up, it really works!
Unknown said…
Hello everyone on here my name is Fumo Sadiku living in Malindi City Kenyan I want to tell a little more about a good hearten man called Benjamin Breil Lee working with Le_meridian funding service as loan officer, Mr Benjamin Breil Lee helped me get a loan of 37,115,225.00 Shillings on my trying time trying to get back on my feet to raise my business I know there are some of you here who are in financial difficulties to talk to Mr Benjamin on what's app 1-989-394-3740 Or email his company E-Mail lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com also with his personal E-mail on lfdsloans@outlook.com I'm so glad for what he did for me and for his Bank accountant as well Accountant Hernandez Lucas Thank you very much for your work well done.
Joan Tavolott said…
Love how the blue pastel adds so much to this!!! Glad to see you rebelling..in a good way!
Tara Omar said…
I want someone here suffering from any disease to heal from my story after Hiv disease for the last 3 years and having hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year. At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patient we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patient Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal treatment.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ www.drituaherbalcenter.com. We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Doctor Itua Herbal Treatment..He assured me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease
 ,Diabetes,Fibroid.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo