Dried Hydrangeas FINISHED

Ok, think that I have done all the damage I am going to do on this and am going to move on to something else while this sits on my board.  I must say that while I love hydrangeas, I still hate hydrangeas as they are buggers to do.

I am going to go back to a horse picture that I was working on with acrylics and try to utilize some of Mark's method and work from dark to light for the portrait part of the picture.  I have to redo the colors too as I think they were off, but am going to test against the monitor and see what I get.

Anyway, thanks to all who went through this process with me.  this is an 11"x14" oil on paper.  I am going to continue working with oil as it does give a different result.  

Hope you have a super Friday and weekend and thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

hmuxo said…
You did an incredible job on these hydrangeas Nelvia! I have white ones in my yard with a hint of blues that I took photos of but I'm always afraid to paint flowers....you certainly are an inspiration.... I look forward to seeing your next piece!!! 💕
Morning Nelvia. You claim this is finished but I sense a doubt there with the phrase 'while this sits on my board' I realize it is oil and has to dry but it feels like you plan to leave it for a few days while you let it gel. I think the highlights on the vase worked very well and really draw the eye. Next time pick a flower that is a bit less complicated - lol. Have a great weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo