Title:  NOSEY
Medium: Acrylic
Size:  9"x12"

Well, wanted to start to stretch my imagination and work on composition and design, not just replicate the image someone else took.  So browsed a bit on Paint my Photo and made this nosey duo above from two different cow photos and then fenced them in with a rock wall so we wouldn't have to look at their knobby knees.

Looks different here than in real life (don't see that all green).  Learned some things as well about rocks, worked with shades of green but need to learn to accept more contrast in real life to get it on the photo.  Like the modeling on the cows and wanted to make it appear that the cow on the left was leaning forward and reaching their nose out to you, while the other is aware but not quite as nosey.  It was a risk putting the solid horizontal wall in front but think it doesn't block you out and that your eye still moves about the picture.

Still trying to work with the acrylic and get the blending and techniques refined.  It's an effort.  Think for now I'm going to work a bit in graphite and get back to my beloved pastels ... or might just keep working the acrylics but in a watercolor mode.

Feel free to give me your comments on what to do to improve this picture.

Comments

Alexander said…
the heads and the mimic of the animals are wonderfully painted. though i am not sure about the green. but the heads are great. ever thought to paint just a biiiig head of the cow? i saw such a picture once and it was amazing. alex
renate said…
Hai Nelvia,
Well there they are! They are lovely. I think that you have painted what you had in mind! Like alexander said, the heads are great! I think the rocks are good, and finish it! If I look to the painting, my eyes go to the front cow, so I think you did a great job!!!
Nelvia said…
Thank you both for the comments. Hope you both feel free to point out what you think. Did I get this more alive or is it still sterile and mechanical?
Alexander said…
it is NOT mechanical it is alive. as i said before, i think you put huge emphasis on the heads (which is or was the right thing in my eyes) but did not put the same power into the rest. so that is why suggested you my idea abvoe.
Nelvia said…
This doing a complete picture is harder than it looks,isn't it?
Am going to move away from the cows for a bit and concentrating on an elephant now - all the wrinkled skin!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo