Ok taking a bit of the holiday with this light hearted picture of pups sleeping before I get into a serious painting of interpreting my friend's poem. 
This is an exercise out of Gary Greene's book and is a different colored pencil technique than I've done before.  This is using water color pencils, supposed to be on mat board but didn't want to do that large of a picture, so this is on my go-to 9"x12" watercolor board - secret here is to do the blending but don't use much water and that is difficult because even the board wants to buckle a bit. 
Still working on my hair techniques and have a long way to go to  make it hair but not look like a stroke.  Also see now that I want to put some indigo into the background behind the head to make it stand out a bit more - different color schemes. 
Have a couple more pieces running around in my head so hard to focus and get something on paper.  Wanted to try this, one of those thought I'd get it done quickly - NOT - that's the deal with these exercises, when you read it seems straight forward, but when you actually paint it, well that is quite another matter.

Hope you all have a wonderful painting week and thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Alexander said…
that is a cute one. really masterfully done also the hair
sidmar said…
How sweet, love the fur.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo