Well here is Buddy after my weekend of adding fur - he is looking in the ugly stage that each picture seems to go through and that you just persevere through and hope it gets better.  There is a lot of base work in here now that will be reworked and refined - and guess more grey tones put in so some of the white in shadow pops a bit more as the left side of the muzzle and chest area is really white and around his eyes are mid-toned greys - so might need to darken the greys over all, just not done to the true black level.  Holding off doing the nose area as long as possible because I won't be able to contain the black so want to try to fix that area as soon after drawing as possible.   Don't think I am going to fix the gum area as I think I can get that dark enough and keep it from migrating by really working it into the paper.  This gets to the part of the picture when I wonder if I'll be able to pull it all together - guess that is part of the fun now isn't it?
Thanks for stopping by and hope you all have a great week.

Comments

It is looking wonderful!!!
Caroline
Aquarell said…
Siehr gut aus.
GrĂ¼sse Dich
janina
renate said…
Hey Nelvia:) You're going so fast!!! Not in a hurry I hope? I resized the image to 200 % and dreamed away.... Those eyes are so real and the fur is so nice. He's not ugly at all! He is lovely already! You're the best. Have a very nice week:)
Nelvia said…
A - not the same lines as your pics :)
Caroline, good to hear from you hoping things are calming down for you will check again on the weekend
Janine, danke furs vorbeischauen und sie einen kommentar der ermutigung. Hope that makes sense.
Renate not really going fast just got a lot of base in so looks like form now. Am adding more color and think I will be happier. Kind of moving more to pastel instead of where I originally was going.
Helen said…
I have absolute faith that this is going to be beautiful when you finish; however... I do know that "ugly stage" so well. My art mentor (https://www.etsy.com/people/ChatterBoxArt) used to say to me, "All our paintings, much like all our children, have to go through an 'ugly stage.' We just have to have faith that they'll come through it and love them through it."
Ha ha ha
Helen

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo