Here she is, finally I am saying finished, oh yeah I'll still tweak around on her a bit but this is pretty much it.  Finally she says, got me a mouth so when I catch you I can chew on you a bit.  Absolutely loving the suppressed action and power and think she is successfully coming at you.  Hoping I got the dimensionality of her rounded legs, and musculature.  Yes, too, I am finally satisfied with her eyes. 
Am interested too to see if you can see the whisker work. I might have to put it on with paint, this is multiple layers of gel white ink, but when it gets framed and up it might fade out, and while you look from a distance that's fine, you should be able to see them when you get closer.
Still can't get over that peach was the key color - please let me know your thoughts on if you think it was successful or do you really see the peach popping out?
Sort of a sad moment now that she is finished as we've lived together for so long. 
Happy though that I really don't think I had any awful moments where I thought I lost her like I did with the tiger.  Going to get her framed up and hung somewhere to enjoy her spirit. 
Unfortunately I have never heard from the photographer so I guess she stays my little secret - so back to references from Wet Canvas or Paint my Photo where you can tell the world.  Just for the heck of it I might send him another email as he may have been traveling. 
Am going to get started on something else today as it isn't very nice outside, snuck in the day on the porch, but not today.  Rain coming in, right now cloudy and windy - brrrrrr - so going to be a log in the fireplace day I think.  Might try so see if I can whip up a fairy.
Thanks for stopping by and thank you even more if you leave me a comment as we all need the support.  Have a great painting week and Happy Valentine's Day, this week is Ash Wednesday and also today Chinese New year 4711, the year of the Snake - Paul is a snake too - hmm so will be a wonderful year for us all in art.

Comments

renate said…
Dear Nelvia:) Congratulations on completing your Leopard. According to me he can not more beautiful. He is so wonderful walking towards me. The skin is so beautifully drawn and the whiskers quite realistic. The background, the shadows and the grass in the foreground are perfect. Too bad you've heard no more from that photographer. I would send an email 1 more time.I have just print the Leopard and showed it to Wilbert. He was really impressed. He found him very realistic and very pretty! He found it very clever of you and called it quality (!). I'm going to plasticizing and gives him a place where I always paint so I can look at it many times. A very professional piece of work! Big hugs! xxx
Rita Vaselli said…
I understand what you mean to say that you have lived with the leopard!
A GREAT JOB, AMAZING EYES,STUNNING MOTION!
I do not see the problem of whiskers!

Maybe,after so MUCH WORK, a change of subject is a beautiful thought!
Something MAGIC is coming always from you!
Hugs and kisses. Nice end of Sunday ...and good start of the week
Rita
Alexander said…
Great painting wonderful. Looks like on the big jump.
You should be very proud!!!
Caroline
hmuxo said…
This is absolutely beautiful, Nelvia! She looks like she's going to pounce at any moment! Wonderful movement and an outstanding portrait!!
Congratulations!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo