End of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

 
 
Well, it is finally Day 30 and it is with mixed emotions that it has come. Didn't get to post yesterday as we had a snow event which created quite a crisis with stranded people on the highway, been way cold, 10 right now, and then had to deal with a computer virus. So am posting the last two days together.  I also wanted to put a few of my finished pieces out so I could get some feedback.
Lyrae was a present for my friend, they lost her about a year ago and the last picture of the toucan is the final drawing for the daily challenge.
So what have I accomplished in 30 days - went back to read my posts to see if I met the original expectations, found I did and then some:
1) First off anyone who works at art full time has such a tremendous commitment. It is both mentally and physically challenging and just hard work
2) I am actually painting faster and completing things - that should continue to carry through and improve my plodder mentality where I work on a painting soooo long I get tired of it.
3) I have built my inventory and think I actually have some studies for larger paintings, but some smaller ones that could be sold
4) I proved to myself that I could create, I do have an imagination, and I can find my own subjects. I have worked more from my own reference photos, but also have been pushing myself to work from life. There is a difference in the result.
5) I have, and will continue, to draw inspiration from the many folks who have posted in this challenge. I now will continue to make the time to follow some more sites and continue to be in awe of things that this group can and does produce.
6) I have found some new friends and I hope to continue to enhance those relationships. It is such fun to talk to someone doing what you are doing and reassuring that you aren't going through the rough patches alone.
7) Proud of myself for completing this challenge
What I didn't expect:
1) I didn't expect to pick up the amount of speed that I did so quickly. Paint Paint Paint, there is truly something to that
2) I found some more confidence and didn't let some additional outside opportunities throw me a curve - just addressed it
3) After the first few days didn't think it would get easier, but it did
4) While I will continue to paint daily, I am looking forward to working on something longer and larger
Will I try again the next time - certainly.

Comments

hmuxo said…
All of these paintings are so beautifully painted, Nelvia. I love the leopard! congratulations on completing the challenge...I'm not sure I can do it but think its a good practice. I hope the weather gets better in Georgia! I can't believe the weather you got.....I'm used to weather like this in New York....but Georgia.??
Beatriz Abel said…
Nelvia felicitaciones por la dedicación, el resultado logrado y compartido, hermosos trabajos y la satisfacción de haber logrado el reto
Alexander said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should be very proud,that is a lot of work,and your paintings are beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo