Izabella

Izabella
11"x14"
Graphite/Color Pencil
Collection of James and Nancy Fleming
Meet Izabella, a beautiful 8 year old black lab.  I had been asked to donate a pet portrait to a silent auction Blessings of Grace Foundation by my friend's daughter.  One of my dear friends is now a grandmother to two twin boys due to this foundation and their financial support and expertise.  Although the action was 7-8 months ago, this request to finally do the portrait came up while I have been doing my 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.  I guess working so much for the last 24 days has really helped as I was able to get her on paper in record time and am pleased with her sweet expression and best yet, I didn't get all pressured.

Comments

She is lovely,you captured a Lab's sweet expression!
Alexander said…
you might not have guessed, but labradors ARE special dogs, indeed very special ones. .... and again a wonderful great artwork.especially the grey in black, something so hard for me to grasp
Nelvia said…
Hi Carolyn, , hoping all is well. She is a sweetie isn't she?
Nelvia said…
I am guessing you either have or have had a lab. They tend to be well natured and smart. I was afraid the grey was too light, but am leaving it as I don't want to lose her now. Shipping off to owner tomorrow. yessssss
Alexander said…
: I have a "third kid" 4 ys old, black a foodrobber specialized in waylaying elder ladies with all tricks available (like throwing oneself on the back instantly) ..... and if some nice bitches are around we two are a great team (me for the twolegged variation)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo