French Angel

                                                          French Christmas Angel
                                                                       11"x14"
                                                                Acrylic/Gold Leaf
Given the events of the recent days it seemed appropriate to do this French Victorian Christmas Angel.  I got crazy and stippled liquid gold leaf over a doily for the circle surrounding the angel, kind of like using a stencil (which I am going to try more stencils incorporating into more work for subtle textures).  Then the rest is done in acrylic.  Tough to get the facial features, and that is one thing I am working on, getting features with fewer strokes.  Am thinking too, all the Christmas commercials are making me think that it is coming soon and angels seem like a good thing for a card. 
Thanks much for stopping by and hope you are having a great week.

Comments

This is lovely and it would make a great card. I have trouble with faces too when I am working so small but I think this looks pretty good. Have a great week!
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val, I might have to do some cards, haven't in a while. Faces are aka us tough but love the challenge of,them
Jane said…
Wow Nelvia, absolutely gorgeous, would make beautiful Christmas cards indeed . Incredible how good the features of the face are even though the face is so small, bravo !

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo